Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Please introduce yourself to the community

Page 2 / 3

Phuntsho Choden
(@phuntsho-choden)

Warm greetings to everyone  _/\_

I am Phuntsho Choden from Bhutan. I am very much interested in learning every aspect of Buddhism.

Looking forward to practicing and deepen my understanding of Buddhism. 

Have a wonderful days ahead. 

May Buddha Dharma Flourish and free sentient beings from sufferings _/\_ _/\_ _/\_

ReplyQuote
TiinaMW
(@tiinamw)

Tashi delek all,

Greetings from Finland, happy to meet you all and wishing you a wonderful dharma time at this course.

Also, thank you for this opportunity.

May all Taras bless our practice and learning!

ReplyQuote
Sara
 Sara
(@sara)

Hi I'm Sara, I live in Taradell Bcn, Spain. I have been studying Tibetan Buddhism for a few years, I practice Ngöndro. I am excited to learn and delve into different points of view and experiences. Also to meet Dharma people from all over the world. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to Dzongsar Khyentse Rimpoche, to Alex Trisoglio, on his team, and to all of you, for your precious time, for your initiative, and for carrying it out. Thanks

vivian liked
ReplyQuote
eluxenberg
(@eluxenberg)

Hi everyone! My name is Evan and I'm a student living in Montreal, Canada. I've been doing lots of reading on Buddhism for a few years now, but haven't really been able to discuss these ideas and concepts with other like-minded people. I've always wanted to be guided through a basic introduction to Buddhism too, so I'm excited for this program!

ReplyQuote
GiftheeeChanhkg
(@giftheeechanhkg)

Hi everyone, I am Gifty from Hong Kong. My first encounter with Buddhist teaching was through a five-day retreat in Thai Plum Village. From there I took interest in Buddhist teaching and took some courses about Buddhism in my Univserity. One of my favourite courses was Buddhism through Film, it was taught by a Tibetan Buddhist and one of the films we watched was 'Travellers and Magicians', directed by Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche. It is from this course that I became interested in Tibetan Buddhism. I don't know much more about it and I look forward to learning more about Buddhism from this course. 

ReplyQuote
Shauna
(@shauna)

Hi from BC Canada. Great to see so many of us! Thank you Alex for bringing this together.

vivian liked
ReplyQuote
thb
 thb
(@thb)

Hello. I'm Tracey from USA. My gratitude to Alex and those who kindly made this class possible, and my best wishes to all!

vivian liked
ReplyQuote
Vadim
(@vadim)

My name is Vadim Esipovich, I am from Limassol, Cyprus. I took refuge in 2008 in Samye Ling monastery in UK, and studied there under Ken Holms and Lama Yeshe Rinpoche. Since 2011 I become student of Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche from  Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery in Kathmandu. I am practicing Tara Triple Excellence program, so was delighted to see all Green Tara materials at Siddharta’s Intent. I consider Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche my teacher, never mind I never met him in person, because I studied his monumental course “Introduction to the Middle Way”, and was very much influenced by his books What Makes You Not A Buddhist and Not For Happiness, best contemporary books on Buddhist subjects, in my view. I liked very much 8 weeks  Madhyamaka teaching program by Alex Trisoglio as well. Look forward to the present Introduction program to refresh the basics.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Vadim

ReplyQuote
Vera
 Vera
(@vera)

Hello to everyone from Brazil. My name is Vera and I am so grateful to Alex and Rinpoche La for this opportunity!

Looking forward to attend those talks, willing hopefully to expand my small understanding of Dharma for the

benefit of beings without exception.

Thanks to everybody here and organizing team

ReplyQuote
shaynakristen
(@shaynakristen)

Blessings and Aloha,

May we benefit all beings as we connect here. 

Much gratitude for Alex's wisdom and guidance. 

Mangalam,

ShaynaKristen

ReplyQuote
Ashleigh
(@ashleigh)

Greetings,

I join you from Vancouver, Canada.  I'm excited to be on a new journey of learning and practice. 

Buddhist teachings and meditation have recently become as equally important as 12 step work in saving my life (and sanity!). 

It's beautiful to see so many lights from around the world coming together.

Thank you Alex for this amazing opportunity.

~ Ashleigh 

ReplyQuote
Rohit
(@rohit)

Hello. Looking forward to the learnings. Here is the link to my two TED Talks on the Buddha way https://www.ted.com/search?q=rohit+bassi  

ReplyQuote
Shauna
(@shauna)

An idea came to me after reading an email in regards to the Lotus Outreach 1000 coffee's, since these teachings are so generously free, maybe we participants could donate to Lotus Outreach! I'm gonna! 

https://lotusoutreachsocietycanada.ca/about-us/our-programs.html

https://lotusoutreach.org/

ReplyQuote
Mariel
(@mariel)

@shauna yeees 🌷🙂 thank you for sharing this idea!

ReplyQuote
Awellman
(@awellman)

Hi! I'm Ashley from Pittsburgh, PA in the US. I'm so happy to be joining everyone from so many different places around the world!

ReplyQuote
RobHolloway
(@robholloway)

Hi I'm Rob 

Really looking forward to the course and a chance to revisit the beginnings of my path.

Till Sunday...

Rob

ReplyQuote
Mathias Ludwig
(@mathias-ludwig)

Hello everyone,

my name is Mathias and I am interested in the Buddha-Dharma for almost 20 years now. I am visiting a Dharma center from Kagyu lineage from time to time and now I would really like to build up a consistent daily practice and strenghten my trust and refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I have quite a lot of questions and doubts to clarify and I hope to be able to realize kind of a stable foundation with the help of this course by learning the basics once again, repeating a lot of principles and just start with something that is simple to progress step by step! 

Warm regards and looking forward to communacting with you

Mathias 

ReplyQuote
Mat
 Mat
(@mat)

Hey everybody,

I am another Matthias from Germany.

I attended my first teaching of Rinpoche in 1999 and a second one years later in Bir/India. Ive been doing lots of reading mainly on the Nyingma lineage and for years I've been obsessively watching Rinpoches teachings.

However, I never managed to really practice what I've learned so far. For this program, I really hope to get advice on how to ideally start from scratch with my practice.

Im really happy to join this diverse community of like-minded people and Im thankful to Rinpoche and Alex for offering this opportunity.

- cheers
Mat.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Mat

ReplyQuote
SherabTso
(@sherabtso)

Hello, I'm Sue Greenop from Brighton in the UK. It's great to link up with so many people around the world. I have attended one of Alex's courses before, it was first class!

ReplyQuote
Ines Pratter
(@ines-pratter)

Hello to all,

my name is Ines and I live in Vienna, Austria and practice a few years now.

I am happy to meet you all these sundays. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Catalina
(@catalina)

Hi!

My name is Catalina, from Romania. I don't think I am a practitioner, in the common sense. I aspire to understand, feel and get used to the truth in order to have both wisdom and means to help all beings to do the same.

Thank you, Mr. Trisoglio, for the courses and also for all the effort done for us!  

Wish you all the very best!

ReplyQuote
monica
(@monica)

Greetings from Algarve, Portugal.
Im looking forward to listen also about zen and methods of direct pointing.

So appealing the way Alex presents any topic.

thank you so much

ReplyQuote
Aashima
(@aashima)

Dear Friends,

Greetings from India!

Glad to know you all 🙂 I am Aashima.

I had been practicising Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism for 1.5 years. Though it is a secular spiritual practice but since it's based on  Ekayāna text, Lotus Sutra so, I am curious to understand different schools of Buddhism in an unbiased manner.

Some believe Buddhism to be parent of Hinduism, Christianity & Islam religions. The terminologies for the three major schools of Buddhism can get confusing, as Buddhism is variously divided by scholars and practitioners according to geographic, historical, and philosophical criteria, with different terms often being used in different contexts.

Through this course, I look forward to gain comprehensive exposure/understanding of Buddhism and it's role in gaining peace & happiness for one's life.

Sending love & kindness to all 🙂

Aashima

🙏

This post was modified 2 months ago by Aashima

ReplyQuote
ArnaldoFM
(@arnaldofm)

Greetings from Los Angeles, California, city of wizards, dream makers and Netflix! 🙂

I hope this finds you safe and well. Thank you all for sharing your insight and expectations for this course. I am also enjoying all the information and expertise provided by Alex in this first session especially on approaching Buddhism with an open mind. As a spiritual tumbleweed, I am always doubting and questioning everything, so I am hoping this time to have the willingness to listen with an open mind and open heart. Looking forward to sharing this learning experience with you all. Pax!

ReplyQuote
Eugene
(@eugene)

Hello everyone, I am very grateful for joining this path , thank you Rinpoche and Alex for this opportunity.
I try ,intent, to be a practitioner, although I took Refuge,Bodhisttava vows and Initiations, it is always the first step and it is not always the first step. 

I used to be a translator  of one of my teachers, for more than 15 years (Gelupa linage) , till he passed away then I felt lost and wandering around with a lot of questions in inside till I find Rinpoche and his Teachings,following him in every moment and ocassion.

So I am here …

With a warm heart my greetings to all

Eugene

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: