Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Please introduce yourself to the community

Page 3 / 3

Alicia
(@alicia)

Hi everyone, I'm Alicia from São Paulo. The more time I spend on this path, the more I consider myself a beginner.

ReplyQuote
Ebru
 Ebru
(@ebru)

Hi Alex & all,

I grew up in a small town in Turkey (I’m currently located in Chicago). From a very young age, I was extremely attracted to Eastern Philosophies. In the last 15 years, I explored many religions and philosophies; including Advaita Vedanta, Kriya and Kundalini yoga, several branches of Buddhism. My current view is closest to Theravada Buddhism. I also enjoy Advaita Vedanta and its encouragement in self inquiry.

Apart from Gotama Buddha himself, I consider Thanissaro Bhikhu as my main teacher, but I read and listened to hundreds of hours of lectures of Joseph Goldstein, Jack Kornfield, Sayalay Susila, Rupert Spira, and my Kriya Yoga teacher Ryan Kurczak

Here, you can also find my thoughts on the root of all suffering; one of my assignments while studying Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita.

I look forward to sharing, learning from each other and evolving together on the path.

I also asked about my squirrel, Jack, which Alex graciously responded, at the end of this week's (2nd week) teaching.

Thank you Alex for your response! I certainly believe in reincarnation, and I'll keep praying and meditating for Jack. ❤️ 

I can't help but post his cute picture here. ❤️ And I would really appreciate any prayers you can send to Jack's way... ❤️ 

May all beings be peaceful.  

May all beings be happy.  

May all beings be well.  

May all beings be safe.  

May all beings be free from suffering. 

ReplyQuote
Daniel_P
(@daniel_p)

Hello all, my name is Daniel and I'm from the United States (TX). I have been what most would consider athiest for many years now. Over the last decade at least. But I have honestly always felt a void in my life, one that I believe is spiritual. Years ago, after conducting my own research, I found Buddhism calling out to me. For me, it seems like the only faith that is logical. I believe that I'm finally ready to embark on the spiritual journey to becoming a better me.

ReplyQuote
rickibai
(@rickibai)

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Ruiqi. I am from China and now live in Australia. 

I hope I can take this opportunity to formally understand Buddism. 

I look forward to sharing our thoughts in the forum.

ReplyQuote
Janhavi Deshmukh
(@janhavi-deshmukh)

Hi 🙂

I am Janhavi currently living in Mumbai. A new member here and in Buddhism. 

So glad to be a part of this forum that is a mini Sangha too.

Look forward to staying connected with you all...

Regards,

Jay D

ReplyQuote
Gilly Burns
(@gilly-burns)

Hello to everyone!  My name is Gilly.  I am from England, living in Austin TX. I've long been looking for an opportunity like this to learn more about Buddhism and practicing it in my daily life.  I'm grateful to have found you.  I'm interested in retreats and further classes/teachings.  Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Andrea Bringmann
(@andrea-bringmann)

@ebru 

Dear Ebru,

Glad to meet you here. I just wanted to reach out, because of your touching squirrel story. 

Through my work with the Kathmandu street dogs and the lost of many animals, I have created a prayers group just for animals. Each month we light 1000 butter lamps in Boudhanath, mainly at the stupa and we also give the names of the animals to different monasteries. 

For example this month we will light the lamps at Tergar monastery- Mingyur Rinpoches place. Maybe you would like to add a photo of Jack and we could add him to our list? I could also do it for you, if you are not on Facebook. The next prayers will be September 1st. 

Here is the link to the Facebook group. 

Hope this’ll help to ease a little bit your pain about loosing him. May he have a good rebirth. 

Warm greetings,

Andrea

ReplyQuote
madmax
(@madmax)

Hi I'm max from Denver CO. 

ReplyQuote
SusanVS
(@susanvs)

Hello, I am English living in Oklahoma, USA. Good to be here.

ReplyQuote
alexandreiung
(@alexandreiung)

Hi there, I'm from Brazil, currently living in São Sebastião - São Paulo. Looking forward to the teachings!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: